Note, in order to use Galileo SSL, your contract with Travelport may need to be modified before you can begin using Galileo SSL to connect to the Apollo or Galileo host systems.
Note, do not install the Galileo SSL service in conjunction with a particular Client ID unless you are certain the Client ID is "SSL enabled". The installation of this software changes the IP address settings in the Control Panel, Galileo TCP/IP applet to 127.0.0.1. Installing the SSL service before the Client ID has been added to the Galileo SSL proxy servers will result in a non-working connection. Hint, check the Galileo TCP/IP applet in Windows Control panel before you install the Galileo SSL service. That way, if you find you need to switch back to the prior settings, you will know what they were.
The Galileo SSL connection allows direct access to the Apollo and Galileo hosts through a secure Internet connection. You may use it as a connection solution for remote Agents who work from home, as your primary agency connection, or both.
SSL, short for Secure Sockets Layer, is a commonly used protocol for managing the security of a message transmission on the internet. Galileo SSL enables you to use your existing computers and print servers to access the Apollo and Galileo hosts over the public Internet via an encrypted, secured connection.
The SSL software installation is transparent and automatically makes the required changes to configurations of Focalpoint, Galileo Desktop and Galileo Print Manager. If you are using Terminal Servers or Citrix Servers, some manual configuration work is required. Once the connection has been established, you will continue to work on Focalpoint, Viewpoint or Galileo Desktop as you do today.
When installed, Galileo SSL creates a "service" on the computer and this "service" in turn connects Galileo Desktop, Galileo Print Manager, and potentially other 3rd party gateways to Galileo's host systems.
The Galileo SSL service uses standard SSL protocols and ports; TCP port 443. As an example, this is the same port which a web browser would use to connect you to most banking sites using https:// URLs.
- Currently, the Travelport SSL proxy servers do not support our customer's HTTP Proxy Servers which require authentication with a username and password at the time of connection. Support for this type of authentication may or may not be included in a future release.
- Internet Access
- Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP, SP2
- Windows 2000 Professional, SP3
- Windows Server 2003 or above if using Terminal Services or Citrix to run Galileo Desktop.
- Galileo Desktop 1.01 or higher.
- Galileo Desktop v2.2 is recommended on 64-bit versions of Windows
- Focalpoint 3.5 with Viewpoint 3.0 is also supported but not recommended.
Galileo SSL - is a neat little application that provides you direct access to the Apollo and Galileo hosts through a secure Internet connection.